AIM mail settings for Outlook
AIM mail settings for Outlook can come in handy if you wish to have the configuration process without any difficulty. You might have to navigate a lot but you are in luck as we are here to provide you everyone in one place.
In order to configure the settings, you have to fill in the following server settings:
- POP / IMAP incoming server- imap.aim.com
- Incoming port- 143
- SSI security type- None
- Outgoing server- smtp.aim.com
- Outgoing port- 25
- Sign in required? - Yes
Ways to set up AIM mail to Outlook
It could be a tough task to configure AIM mail settings for Outlook but with correct guidance, everything is possible. We are here to help you with some simple steps so that you won't have to worry about anything.
Refer to the steps mentioned below for a smooth way to configure AIM mail settings for Outlook:
- Before starting with the process, open Outlook and then click on 'File'
- Click on the option that says 'information account settings' and then click on Email
- Once you switch the server settings, click on next in order to proceed further
- You will be asked to choose Internet email addresses and then hit 'next'
- Make sure that you fill the details in the correct manner to avoid any confusion
- Enter your complete name and then your AIM mail email ID in the option of 'email address'
- You will come across AIM mail Outlook settings in the next tab. Click on IMAP under the option of server information. You will have to enter the details accurately. They are:
ü Incoming server- imap.aim.com
ü Incoming port- 143
ü Outgoing server- smtp.aim.com
ü Outgoing port- 25
- Now, you will be taken to the login information. Enter the details wisely and make sure that you save the password so that you don't face an issue later.
- Enter your AIM mail address and make a password that will be easy for you to remember. You can click on 'none' when asked for a security option. You can do it in the following ways:
ü Email address- Your AIM mail ID
ü Password- Your new password
ü Security? - None
- Once you are done, select 'test account settings'. If everything works in your favor and you see no error then you can click on next. Select 'finish' once you are done
By following these simple steps, you will be able to configure the AIM mail settings for Outlook without any issue. If you get stuck anywhere then don't hesitate before getting in touch with us.